Here are 10 things you can click on the QuickBooks Online Home Page to help you become more efficient.
- QuickBooks logo
What it does: clicking on this takes you back to the home page from anywhere in the program.
- Welcome Guide
What it does: gives you step-by-step instructions on basic QuickBooks Online tasks.
- ‘X’ to the right of the Welcome Guide
What it does: once you have started using QBO, deleting this section gives you back some screen space.
- Your company logo or name
What it does: if you ever want to change your company logo or name this allows you to do so quickly.
- Private mode switch
What it does: hides sensitive financial data, especially useful in public situations.
- Any bank or credit card account
What it does: see a list of all recent transactions for that particular account.
- Any bar in the Income section
What it does: gives you a filtered list of open, overdue, or paid transactions.
- Activity feed filter
What it does: show only invoices, estimates, payments, or expenses.
- Date range picker in the Expenses or Profit and Loss section
What it does: allows you to easily change the date range of these reports.
- Any pie slice in the Expenses section or bar chart in the Profit and Loss section
What it does: gives you a transaction report for the expense category you click on.